National Arab American Medical Association - Houston Chapter
2017 © All rights reserved.
The Houston Chapter of the National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA) is pleased to offer scholarships to qualified medical students or residents who are in excellent academic standing, and will be presenting at a scientific meeting or planning to do an elective overseas. The purpose of the award is to help medical students or residents reach their highest academic potential, and to improve international relations and awareness through medicine.
Upon completion of travel, recipients will be asked to present their work during one of the Houston Chapter meetings.
Scientific Meeting Award: $750
Travel Award: $1000
Application and eligibility requirements for the scholarship:
1. Applicant must be of Arab American Heritage.
2. Membership of NAAMA Houston chapter.
3. A transcript that shows good standing in a health care/ medical school or a residency program.
4. Personal statement outlining either:
a. Proposal describing the place of elective abroad, learning objectives, length of stay, and expected benefits. Proposals that involve public health issues related to minority populations or issues relating to the Arab community are encouraged.
b. Research being presented at a scientific meeting.
5. A letter of acceptance of the proposed activity (from the guest institution or from the scientific meeting).
6. Letter of recommendation from mentor or advisor.