Medical Student Scholarship
The houston scholarship program.
The scholarship program has closed.
The scholarship program has closed for 2018 and first quarter 2019 submission. This page will be updated when the scholarship submission window reopens. Please review the qualification criteria and application thoroughly before submitting an inquiry.
The Medical Student Scholarship Program was established in 2005. The application process will be open year round; applications received will be reviewed by the scholarship committee to determine eligibility. The scholarship is meant for electives/rotations that are done in a health-care facility in Houston. Scholarship amount is up to $1,500 per candidate, up to four per elective period or the examination fees at the discretion of the scholarship committee. The rotation /elective needs to be a least a month in length.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Arab Heritage
- Full-time enrollment in an internationally recognized healthcare related school in Houston and the surrounding area OR
- Accepted to spend at least one or more months of elective rotation at one of Houston’s medical/health related institutions.
- Willingness to attend AAMA meetings during the training month(s) in Houston.
Specific Eligibility Requirements:
Each candidate must submit with their application:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- A complete application form (includes essay describing how the proposed training (elective) in Houston will help advance the applicant’s future plans).
- A letter verifying present or previous enrollment in medical/healthcare institution or school.
- A letter of acceptance for proposed elective training from the accepting institution.
- Two letters of recommendation from current instructors or previous college ones. The letters need to be written within the last 3 years prior to the application date.